What if I tell you I’ve made the most delicious low in calorie, sugar and fat banana bread ever?
Sorry that would be a complete lie expect the deliciousness of it! 😂
As most of you know I’m not a great cook or a great baker especially when it comes to make a dish look all pretty. I’m pretty much the one who looks at the baker and eat the cake! But today was THE DAY and I decided to put my apron on and roll up my sleeves.
SO TADAMMMMM here is a very delicious recipe of a Banana bread with Pecan nuts. If you are trying to lose weight keep walking this recipe isn’t for you… however if you just smashed your diet all week and want to enjoy a tasty cake over the easter walk DAMN RIGHT, YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
Ingredients for two cakes
Yes one for you and one for your colleagues, they will thank me later!
- 250g of butter
- 5 ripped bananas (well mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 380g of sel raising gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 200g of Pecan nuts
- 120ml of Skimmed milk
- 280g of Golden Caster Sugar
See what I mean…. not very guilt free… oh well
Time to prep it
Pre heat your over at 170°( mark gaz 3)
- Place butter and sugar in a stove and let it melt on a light heat until it get smooth. Keep on stirring it quite often.
- In a big mixing bowl add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix well
- Add the mashed bananas. Mix well
- Add the butter and sugar mixture. Mix well
- Add the nuts and milk. Mix well
- Finally at the Flour and the Baking powder. AND….. Mix well.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf tins, pour the mixture into them.
Bake for 45-50 minutes (Don’t open the oven door until then)
When you take them out, just use a knife to see if the cake is cook (insert and see if the blade is wet or not)
Let the cakes cool down on a rack.
Enjoy & Smile
Ps: if you enjoyed the recipe and tried it, don’t forget to tell me below how you liked it!